Friday, December 28, 2007

Adieos 2007, Bienvenida ... 2008


I started blogging in 2006, but started to make them public, only in November 2007. When I started to blog, I had the hope of inspiring people to pursue their passions and dreams, whatever they may be. However, I realized that I have been floundering and not flourishing! May be because, I am still working to hone my blogging skills.

It has been a difficult decision to make, but I have decided to block out of my mind the number of visitors that I see other sites getting, because it only creates frustration. May be, I should find out how to generate traffic for the blogs and write a blog on it. The idea definitely sounds interesting. The problem is, blogging takes time, Everyday. The question remains however, am I just showing different facets of myself, or is there no unity to the self?

Well, it’s almost the end of the year. Another year is at it's dusk and many of us should be thankful we are seeing its conclusion. 2007 brought bad luck to many and they just wish for this year to end. For others, it was a year of luck and wish that the year just goes on and on. Probably, in many industries it’ll be fact finding, endless lists and resolutions for a new beginning.

On December 31st, when the clock strikes midnight, there will be celebrations and fireworks. We bid adieos to 2007, and the promise of a New Year will light up the night sky. That's right - another year has come and gone. It's time again to welcome January and bid farewell to the last 365 days.

There is no doubt that this is that time of the year when one looks back at gains and spoils, and starts contemplating the plan of action for the New Year - a moment to reflect on the lessons learnt, count our blessings, revisit some fears and gear up for the year ahead. Let us then look at what 2007 taught us, offered us and also, take a moment to be aware of some fears that lurk around in the alleys. It is also a time to look forward in our lives and make a plan for the upcoming months.

I believe that there is no better place in the world to celebrate New Year, than one's own home. Perhaps, I would not be able to celebrate New Year at home for years to come. Hence my new year would start at home. I am not sure where I would be on the forthcoming New Years Eve.

There is lot more to write about my plans and thoughts on 2008, somehow the flow of thoughts tend to be dried up for the moment.

As the days become shorter, we grow longer on hope, kindness, trust, family, and a host of other ideals that have come to symbolize this time of year. Wish you all, a wonderful and prosperous new year.

Do something good... “Loka samastha sughino bhavanthu”.

No comments: