Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Compulsive Confessor

The first time I ever came to read about eM was when I read an article about her blogs in Malayala Manorama, a regional daily in Malayalam. At the time of writing this, her profile had been checked out by 15,643 people. A thousand more and would equal up to the number of blogger.com bloggers in Chennai. This in itself establishes her popularity.
I am just starting to read her posts and I find that eM is true about her feelings and is bold enough to publish them.
It is also interesting to see that eM gets comments even three years after posting. I was amazed to find that she had posted Summer colds on Monday, June 21, 2004 and got commented on Thursday, June 21, 2007 8:39:00 AM PDT, three years after the post. This shows the reach and popularity of eM's blogs... I guess she is the most widely read Indian Blogger.
Confess : To admit or acknowledge something damaging or inconvenient to oneself... and eM has chosen the title so meaningfully. Not many women in India would dare to write what she writes about. It is said, you shouldn't read dairy of another person. But blogging has re-written the concept to "a Diary should be read, and that's why it is written".
eM seems to be an extraordinary bold woman who knows her passion and shares her strengths and thoughts with those around her so that they learn from her experience and life. (even when the world tells her otherwise). She has also created a group of fans to her blogging. I know that my opinions or expressions dosen't matter, as she is an already established blogger and is read by many.
eM says "My blog is an integral part of my life, but it's not my life. I'd be upset if it vanished tomorrow, but I wouldn't be heart broken". I only wish people who read her and recognize her keep the information to themselves, or it would be too difficult for her to write openly.
All the best eM, go on.... not many are bold and courageous enough to write like you.

No comments: