Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Behind every successful Person:

Often still waters run deep.

They say 'Behind every successful man, there is a woman' and vice versa. This particular statement ignites a fire in many of the readers.To be successful, the first thing you have to do is to have confidence in yourself.

If you ask me, the one behind every successful person is the one who instigates change in him / her for the better. Some times, this could be our rivals.

haters Other times, it is the realization that it is we, ourselves that block our success. There is said to be shadows in us. They are our Fear-based Defensive Inner Selves. These Inner Selves carry our most hidden fears, beliefs and habits, charged with emotions that are linked to survival messages. They are unconscious and powerful. If we do not address them, they will dismantle our dreams. The Shadows attract people who hold you back or devalue you.

I read books about successful people. In fact, I read every book or magazine I could get my hands on. I would tell myself one good idea would pay for the book and could make the difference between me making it or not. Everything I read was public. Anyone could buy the same books and magazines. The same information was available to anyone who wanted it. Turns out most people didn’t want it.

I worked jobs I didn’t like. I worked jobs I loved, but had no chance of being a career. I worked jobs that barely paid the rent. I had so many jobs my parents wondered if I would be stable. Most of them aren’t on my resume anymore because I was there so short a time or they were so stupid I was embarrassed.

Most people won’t put in the time to get a knowledge advantage. Sure, there were folks that worked hard at picking up every bit of information that they could, but we were few and far between. To this day, I feel like if I put in enough time consuming all the information available, particularly with the net making it so readily available, I can get an advantage in any technology business.

But ultimately, after God, it is my rivals whom I should be thanking. For they inspired me to outperform them. Each tactic they played against me taught me new lessons.

There are no shortcuts to success. You have to work hard, and try to put yourself in a position where if luck strikes, you can see the opportunity and take advantage of it. I would also say it’s hard not to fool yourself. Everyone tells you how they are going to be ”special,” but few do the work to get there. Do the work - enjoy life, and success will be yours.

No comments: