Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hasta la vista 08

Goodbye Here we are again, at the end of another year - 2008. We are all perhaps looking back at the year and taking stock of where things are, how the year has passed and what we made of it.

Since I recently made a fresh new  move, and in the process moved far away from most of my family and friends, I’ve been thinking lately about what’s important to me and what I’m thankful for. I am thankful for this past year — I changed jobs, bought my dream jeep, got married, I have expanded my photography explorations and moved into a European country. I should also be thanking my wife, who stood by my side all through the difficult times. I cannot say 2008 was the happiest year for me, but overall, I am happy - except in few matters.

I honestly didn’t expect anyone to want to read Cross Roads and I didn’t care, because I had decided to do it primarily for myself as some kind of a journal. I started getting visitors only a couple of days after posting the first entry though I never expected to have hits. The blog got more and more important to me this year. Personally and professionally.

Through CrossRoads, I have met some interesting and indeed in the truest sense, beautiful people.  Thanks to my intolerance of wrong and inability to stay quiet about it, I have also come across quite a number of single cell morons.  Logic tells me that unless I wish to sink to their level, I should defend their right to hold their opinions however odious they may be.  Take their keyboards away from them and ban them from public places.  Right and wrong are often matters of opinion and interpretation, however very frequently they are not. 

2008 had been a very interesting year for me. A couple of failures and some huge successes. But life is good and, at the end of it - isn't that what matter?

I wish you all a good start in the next year. May all your hopes for 2009 come true. May all your fears in 2009 turn out as unnecessary over the course of the year.

Hasta la vista 2008. In minutes, you would be behind the curtains until such time comes when time travel is possible.

No comments: