Thursday, April 23, 2009

What goes around comes around

Due to Visa regulations, finding a job here had been a bit difficult and now because of the revised terms – it has become more difficult. Because of this, I have been trying to formulate business ideas and has been reading a lot with regards to starting a business here. It has also lead me to read extensively on successful business persons and this is something that I found recently.

From Richard Branson in a interview in the December 06 issue of Business 2.0 magazine:

I met two big San Francisco entrepreneurs recently, and they said they get e-mail like this too [proposals and requests], but they just dump it all in the dustbin. they don’t try to answer at all. I asked them why, and they said, |The time we spend responding could be used to create something of value for our business.” That may well be pragmatically right, but I still think it’s morally wrong, and I suspect that anything that is morally wrong is ultimately bad for business.

Absolutely … I also believe in this. What goes around always comes around. It’s a worn and tired maxim I know, but definitely not one to be against.

No comments: